What does the Chatbots rule do?
- Block connections to all servers that provide scripts for Chatbots.
- By blocking these connections the Chatbots and Chat floating buttons disappear.
Why block & hide Chatbots?
One major issue with chatbots is that they can be intrusive and disruptive to a user’s browsing experience. They often pop up unexpectedly, interrupting the user’s flow and demanding their attention. This can be particularly frustrating for users who are trying to find specific information or complete a task on a website. Moreover, chatbots are not always effective in providing the help users need and they may not be able to understand or respond to complex questions or requests.
Another concern is the potential for chatbots to collect and use personal data without the user’s consent. Many chatbots require users to provide personal information such as their name, email address, or location, in order to interact with them. This information can be used for targeted advertising or other marketing purposes, which may not be desirable for users.
Blocking chatbots on websites can be a good idea for several reasons:
- it gives users the ability to control their browsing experience and avoid unwanted interruptions.
- it can help to protect users’ personal data from being collected and used without their consent.
- it can improve the overall user experience by allowing users to interact with the website in a more efficient and effective way.